Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bring on Barbados

It's almost the end of the first month of 2015, which is pretty crazy when you think about it! This January 31st finds me in the 30-something degree Caribbean climate of Barbados! I have been here since January 6th (almost a month now!) and am now in my third week of classes at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus. It is such a beautiful little island, with a large population of kind and helping Barbadians (aka Bajans). 
We are staying in a cute little apartment in Prospect, St. James, and have less than a 2 minute walk down to the beach. I can hear the sound of the ocean waves from my room, especially at night, when the traffic isn't so loud. There is a Jordan's Supermarket 2 minutes down the road, just after the Glad Tidings Gospel Hall where we attend church each week. The university is a hot, 20 minute walk (uphill though, unfortunately...) so we get our exercise in, that's for sure! 
Anyway, that's just some of the basic details of my setup down here! I have been working on a new website/blog that will be my main blog in the upcoming months while I'm abroad. Check out the link below for more Barbados news.

Click here to go to my new blog, "Bring On Barbados!"

Lovely blue sea.

Sunsets and sailboats.

The breathtaking sights at the tip of Barbados!

No comments:

Post a Comment