Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bring On The Sunshine


What nice, warm, sunny days we've had here the last 3 days! It really gives renewed energy after such long periods of dull weather. Going back now to the archives of my schedule, on Saturday, after work, we headed over to a reception of my cousin. We had a good time there, lots of good food, and family fellowship. Cousin Michael even took me and Cousin Bradley out for a ride to celebrate his newly acquired  card that says "permis de conduire". Only after we saw the Bloomfield Kent Building Supplies, did we go back to the reception. The next morning was Sunday (as usual), and much to my chagrin, I was scheduled to work. We were having dinner at the Hall as a go away party for Hans and Rachelle. I snuck some food from different dishes for lunch, before driving in to work. When I arrived at work, and expressed my desire to be back at the Hall, I was splendidly surprised to learn that they would let me go for a  while! I gladly went! I worked the rest of the afternoon, then went to Dale and Sally's until the Villa at 6:00. 

I stayed at Dale and Sally's Sunday night, and walked up to work for 8:30 the next morning. That evening for supper, we were graced with the presence of Andrew and Pam, who were accompanied by the Barnes' from the UK. We had bbq chicken and pork and a bunch of other stuff. Turtle cake was for dessert! I went for a 40 minute run afterwards, the first time back jogging in a week! It felt good. Tuesday morning I got up bright and early (for me) at 6:20. We are having a guy in grade 5 come to our house in the mornings and after school, I wanted to meet him. He's a great kid, we hit it off right away!

 Hans and Rachelle will soon be arriving in South Africa!! So exciting!  And by the way, thanks for the headphones in the mailbox Ruth! :)
The nail-biting excursion with Cousin French.


What a tank (refering to the one made out of cardboard).

Stacey and Blake. Looking good guys!


BCFL- Best cousins for life :)

The lovely couple.



Alyse and Papa.


Walking to Sally's.

Timmy and Mr. and Mrs. Barnes.


Biking down the Enmore Rd.

Biking down the dirt road to the shore by our house.

Down at the shore.

Is that a boat?

I'm walking on sunshine!

sweetie pie!!
By the way people, you better appreciate this post, cause its now 11:42!! I'm losing my beauty sleep. Why do I do this to myself? :)

7 comments:

  1. so i guess you didn't see the need to put my nice(or not so nice) pics on ..did ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes i always enjoy reading...thanks for your beauty sleep haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man o man ..the one who took the picture of you in the cardboard should go into photography ...hes good ..very nicely taken i must say!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intersting. Of course, we always appreciate your remarks! How could we not? You could have taken the pic of Cousin French so we could sneak a peek at the speedometer. haha Have a good day or evening, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your support you two! Sorry michael, I just couldn't put those graphically disturbing pictures on. They would be upsetting to some viewers. :) Haha, Cousin French is a pretty good driver, at least he can do the round-about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so weird with your roundabout ...hahaha ...but i did do soemthing totally crazy though ...remember low speed

    ReplyDelete