Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

God's Promise

Feeling much like a cow after a big supper of pizza, garlic fingers and crepes for dessert, I decided I'd better hit the road for a jog. Promptly I donned my running shoes, and headed out. The sky was a little overcast, and the thought crossed my mind, that it might rain sometime soon. 3 minutes into my jog I felt what I thought was a rain drop. Another minute passed, and my suspicion was confirmed- it started to rain. Slow little drops at first, then a little more persistent. Just after Grampy and Grammy Raynor honked and drove by me, it started to POUR. My instinct at first was run and seek shelter under the nearest tree or something, but on second thought, I just kept running. There was something refreshing, relaxing about it. Rejuvenating. I felt great running up that hill, car passing me, water dripping of my eye lashes and face. The downpour didn't last long, and soon the sun waas out shining full tilt, making mist rise off the pavement like fog. It was really cool. Then as I turned and looked behind me I saw a big, Seven-coloured rainbow stretching across the cloudy sky. I immediately thought of God's promise- he'll never destroy the earth in a flood again. Which led me to another thought. Just like God promised never to destroy the earth that way again, He promised that "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13). It will be 9 years this Saturday when I took in this promise from God. I'll never have to worry about going to Hell, because Christ died for me! I'm going to Heaven! Yet another promise God gave, is the return of His Son, the Lord Jesus. It must be soon, when He'll come to the sky, and take all His Saved Ones up with Him! Thank the Lord I'm saved!

2 comments:

  1. this is one of the best blog posts yet. :) i love it..it made me smile <3

    ReplyDelete