Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

PEI Conference

At 6:00 Friday evening, we showed up at the Summerside Wellness Centre volleyball courts. I was wearing my polka dots and stripes, as the dress code implied, which looked rather foolish, as we were the only ones there for about 15 minutes. The Kembers started to arrive, and by 7:00 most of the people were there. We played some volleyball, capture the flag and other activities, as well as had some bbq food. I stayed down at my gracious uncle Chris and Aunt Rachel's house that night, and I also stayed there Saturday and Sunday night. It was a cool day Saturday, contrasting the previous few days. I actually got a sunburn from sitting outside all day Thursday. There were lots of preachers present at the conference, Jim Allen, John Meekin, Howard Barnes, Murray McCandless, David Swan and a few more I can't think of at the moment. They had some good messages. On Sunday I had the pleasure of being the humble servant, along with Deborah Arsenault, on table 6, for lunch and supper.
I woke up ready for some serious paint-balling Monday morning! I hitched a ride to Spike's Paintballing, where an army of trigger-happy troops were ready for battle. By the end of the morning, I was at the height of war, suffering 3 welts of small proportion. I must say I would have been happier with a few more welts. Oh well, there's always next time.We had to do a speedy pit-stop after paintballing, then make our way to the Brookvale lodge, once again, for more food and activities. The "Amazing Grace" (parody of "The Amazing Race" for those of you who aren't familiar) was one such activity. Shoes were thrown, and divided to make groups of 4 or 5 people. We then had to go from station to station completing each task in as fast a time possible. It was a good time, I must say. Everyone started to leave around 5:00, so we did too. I got a ride home with my good friend Ruth. We stopped in at Cold Stone Creamery for some icecream, my first time getting anything there! It was delish!

Dots n stripe dress code Friday evening.
BRUTHA!
Creeper photos.


 They's tough around here.

ORANGE
Red color accent.

Brookvale Lodge for the "Him Sing" on Sunday night. Nice big crowd!

Mother and daughter.

Starting off the "Amazing Grace"

6 legged race.

Penny drop.

Very akward looking, I know.

Fancy throne-makin' race.

Let's go William! Eat that popcorn!

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...."

Carrot top. :P

1 comment:

  1. looks like fun ...i thought you'd have paintballing pics

    ReplyDelete