Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Rostile!

After dreaming of making rostile for the past 5 weeks, tonight everything finally came into place to make it. We invited some neighbors (relatives, whatever, we're all related here in Enmore) and started up the old barbie. After the big thing of dough rose the first time, I cut it in half and froze half of it. The other half I used for the rostile. My whole body was trembling as I set out, spreading out the dough, sprinkling it with flour, etc, just like Mark had showed me. I didn't wan to mess this up. After it was all cut and layed on the tray, it stayed out to rise for a bit. When the rest of the food was cooked on the barbeque, It was time for me to prove myself. With still-trembling hands, I picked up the first soft, floury piece, and gingerly placed it on the grill, careful not to burn my hand. One by one, I layed each piece down, Mark would be so proud. Fifteen minutes later, we're ready to eat, and the rostile was a hit. We experimented and used the rostile as hamburger and hotdog buns, which was really good! I was getting pretty full when the meal was done, but not too full for some turtle ice cream cake Melissa made! AND the pecan pie Grammy Raynor made. I got out and had a good long jog after that.
Rostile rising the second time.

Getting ready to go on the bbq.





The finished product!

I LOVE BARBECUES! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow!! new background...ses vraiment beau ...vraiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rostile is definitely something I have to start making...that was amazing... I also think it would make AMAZING bruschetta!!!! Will have to get you over Lydia!!

    ReplyDelete