Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Florida Road Trip Journey

OUR TIRE ALMOST FELL OFF!!!


Our snack supply.
As me and melody sit here examining our scars, I am remembering to write down the dynamics of our journey. What journey? The Florida Road Trip Journey.
Melody called me at 9:30 Monday night, and tells me they've just decided to go to Florida. I say "that's great!" She replies, "we have room for one extra. Do you want to come?" And what do you think I said?
My boss, Kathy, was so great to allow me to get it off work, so I could go. Thanks so much!
Wednesday evening after work, mom took me down to the Hyde's. We left at 4:00 on the nose Thursday morning, weathering the impeding downfall of snow. The roads weren't too good, therefore It took us a bit longer to get to the border. I slept most of that time. It was a breeze when we handed over our passports to the border-guard. She was very nice, and even though we had 6 apples in the car, she let us through.
The most we had for excitement after that was a lone (marboro) cigarette in the ladies washroom in Maine, a documentary on random drivers as they passed us, movies and the never ending line of toll booths.
Mel and I mustered up some willpower and paced ourselves with the movie watching. We set out a time schedule. First movie: 9:30, second at 2:30, third at 7:00. By the time that one is done, we should be in New Jersey. Just after I wrote this, there was a strange, methodical thumping sound on the left rear side of the van. We thought to ourselves, That cannot be good. We had to find a spot to pull over and check it out, but wouldn't ya know it, we couldn't find a place- so up onto the sidewalk we went. There was almost an avalanche of bags when Harvey opened the trunk hatch to get the wrench to tighten the wheel that was about to fall off. Not too exciting. 
America's Sketchiest Service Station
We drove,and drove, and drove, and drove, and drove, and drove and drove, and drove, and drove, and just when you thought you had no legs or your bladder fell out, we stopped at America's Sketchiest Service Station. We arrived to our destination in New Jersy at 9:30, to Judy and Trudy Otim. I love their kitchen! Now Me and Melody are laying here on their comfy carpet, laughing our heads off because we are over-tired. It is a nice temperature outside, and there are even dafadils or some kind of flower growing outside! It's supposed to be like 20 degrees tomorrow! 


In order to make it through this trip, you need to be in top physical condition.

Or maybe she's just drying her sneakers....

WOW!!!

This was so good!!!!



Thanks Louise!





Doing a documentary on American Drivers.





Love this kitchen!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha... you guys are crazy. The events of the trip so far sound verrry familiar!
    And I think Melody stole my cow socks.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete