Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slow-riding Saturday

It was another grueling 16 hour trip today to finish off the last leg of the journey. The alarm went off at 3:11, and we were out the door by 4:00. It was just 4 of us, Harvey, Melody, Louise, and I, because Carol is staying and flying to Florida on Monday.
I slept for a good 4 hours, sprawled out on the backseat I had to myself the whole way, and woke up just before Melody threw the package of candy at me from the front seat. I sustained no injuries thankfully! We were in Virginia at that time, and stopped for a break. It was only 8:00 am, but already it was some hot outside! I was in shorts and a t-shirt. We made a few more stops throughout the day, and by 5:00 we were in the state of Florida!!! We still had another 2 hours of driving ahead of us though.
When the G-thing (GPS) told us for the third time to stay in the right lane, it told us twice more that we had reached our destination. The Roadway Inn. It had a pool out front, and a bunch of rooms. Not a place I would drive down to Florida especially to stay there, but it did the trick for the 2 nights. 
For example: We are currently sitting in the van, pounding away at the keys of my laptop, sucking the wifi out of the joint. That's not the only thing we are sucking out though, we are sucking the smoke fumes out of the room we are in. NOT SMOKE FREE! GAG. There is this one lady, STARING at us, while she walks back and forth, talking on her cell phone. We have the windows down, but the doors are locked. If I don't show up back in Canada anytime soon, it may be worth it to check this lady out... 
Anyways, I'm sure the people at meeting in Deland will be wondering what the story is on our smoke smell....

No comments:

Post a Comment