Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cold :(

Ok, so when you go to a warm climate to escape the harshness of the winter, you also expect to escape the colds and flus. Well, here I am, third day of not being able to talk like a normal human being. The first symptoms started on Friday, which consisted of a mildly raspy, lower voice. Throughout the day my voice got a bit worse, as did the feeling of my throat. When we went to Winterburg in the evening for a little game of soccer, it didn't help matters any. Sunday morning I woke up to a burning throat, and speech inability. Yesterday, still when I talked, the only thing that comes out was a crackly annoying whisper, but hey, it was progress! Today, I can actually talk again!
Because of the various illnesses being experienced throughout the household, Gwen and all the kids stayed home on Sunday morning. The rest of us (Mark, Caleb, Elaine and I) piled into the Condor and off we went. There wasn't a huge crowd when we started, but after a bit, more people started to dwindle in, until we had a nice-sized crowd. When we got back to the house, we had fajitas for lunch! I loaded my fajita up with peri-peri sauce (a mild hot sauce) hoping it would help with my cold/sore throat. The rest of the day was mostly spent relaxing and taking it easy. As the evening drew to a close, there was an unforgettable sunset! I sat outside staring at the horizon, eating my chicken noodle soup (for my cold/sore throat), and just drinking in the beauty. When the sun was almost set, there was a few flashes of fork lightening that I wish I could have caught on camera, but didn't. I went to bed fairly early Sunday night, once again because of my cold/sore throat. :)
Monday was a nice, relaxing, recuperative day. It was cloudy in the morning, but as the day went on, the sun broke out in full shine.

The sun as it was starting to go down.

The moon came out as the sun was still setting.

"Sigh"



One last view out the window before...

Caleb started putting up boards on the fence. Its really nice now to be hidden a little more from neighbours eyes! :)

Thats one smokin couple!

Me and the girls on Sunday Morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely girls! Hope you soon get completely better. Many of us have bad colds over here so can sympathize with you.

    Love,
    A. Hazel

    ReplyDelete