Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Toast


Last night it was my turn to stay with the kids, while the Young Men's supper was going on. It was 3:45 when Mark, Gwen, Caleb and Elaine headed out to the iKaya Levangeli, and all the kids had just gotten home from school. After a little while, after smelling the delicious chicken cooking in the oven, I asked the kids what they wanted for supper. Thando wanted toast with peanut butter and jam, as well as Jade, Chloe wanted carrot sticks with peanut butter, Owen said he'd make his own (cornflakes) and Finlay made a request for french toast. At the mention of french toast, Chloe promptly changed her order. So, away I went making french toast for Chloe, Finlay and myself. After burning the first batch of toast (the plain toast for Thando and Jade, not the french toast), because of my attention was mostly on the french toast, I made sure the next 2 toasts were just right. The plain toast came out looking a shade darker than I would have liked, but I assured the kids it was NOT burnt, even though Finlay said it was. Finally the toast meal was ready, and everyone dug in!  When supper was finished, a nice game of cattle herding (or some kind of animal herding) was commenced. The crew got back home at shortly after 6:00, while it was still bright, so we had a game of soccer. The injuries were minimal, and we played until it started to get dark at 7:30. We decided to have a Bible study at 8:30, on the Holy Spirit, which went over quite well. It was a bit of a late night (11:00 is late for us down here anyway), so I went to sleep soon after I hit the hay.  


This is the view of Semour from the highway. So gorgeous!


  

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Lydia! You're doing a great job of giving us news. You'll have to give my daughter some pointers. haha I love your blog.

    A. HAzel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lydia!
    Missing you like crazy! Glad you are having so much fun! I missed out on your earlier blogs (when we were away I did not have internet some of the time), and for some reason they aren't available anymore :(. Titus told me that we have to get a card so we can call you, he must have heard someone say something about that... Wish we had a video to do Skype...will go over to your mom's one morning and go on Skype with you with the kids of course:) ... Titus also said that we should go over to SA to be with you...ha

    Melissa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hazel and Melissa. I'm really annoyed with myself, because the reason all the posts are gone is because I accidently deleted them! I'm so mad at myself!! really sorry about that!! Melissa, I'll have to recap the information of the first part of my trip when I get back! :) We'll dafinately have to Skype sometime Melissa!

    ReplyDelete