Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Huge Spider!

When we got home from the Youth Club last night, we walked into our room to find... a huge spider on the curtain! Elaine totally freaked, I thought she was going to faint. I thought it was cool to see such a big spider, so I quickly got my camera out. Elaine told me not to disturb it and let it get away, and called to Mark and Gwen in the house. They both made haste and came out to see the sight. Only when Mark finished munching on his handfull of chips, did he get my brown flip-flops to get ready for action. After telling Elaine how killing the spider could impact the amount of flies we have in the room, he consented with Elaine and went in for the kill. When he first hit the spider, it fell to the ground beside my bed. He handed the flip-flop to Elaine and told her to finish it off. When she got up her courage, she gave that spider a wack he'd never forget! Mark and Gwen left, so we cleaned up the remnents, but Elaine wasn't quite convinced that it was dead yet. I gave it a few more clouts, before Roxy came and ate it. We checked the room before we went to bed that night.
I went to sleep quickly, and without incident. In the middle of the night, I woke up with a start, all I could hear was Elaine YELLING "GWEN!" I opened my eyes, alarmed, and saw Elaine run over to my bed saying there's a spider! I was half asleep, so I just kind of looked at her, before she said, "Oh sorry, it's just my imagination," and walked back to her bed and went to sleep. I lay there confused and slightly worried for a minute, before sleep claimed me and I fell back to sleep. This morning I laughed and asked Elaine about last night. She didn't remember a thing!
We walked into the flat, and this is what we saw!

R.I.P.

Gotta love those close-ups!



Notice the guts.

Remaining body parts from the accident.

Skid marks.
And here are some pictures from Youth Club last night.

Playing rugby before Youth Group.

Then they all took their shirts off to impress their audience- us. 


I just love Mark's set up there. An improvised ladder :)

Musical chairs!


Then we played the fruit game, except we called it the animal game instead.


The only thing about the cake down here is that you never get a very big piece.

Pitiful, just pitiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment