Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Day of Snowboarding!

I must apologize again to anyone who is trying to follow my blog, but I am making it difficult as there is no new information to read. Sorry. Anyway, today I woke up at 9:00 after a good, long sleep, and felt like an old woman with arthritis. This is the side-effects after a great day of snowboarding for the first time, at Brookvale yesterday. I went down with Hans, Rachelle, Micheal, Luke and Bennett in the van. Serge and Hazel took Grammy Raynor in their car. We left our house in Enmore when the van came flying down the road, horn beeping, at 9:30. We made a stop at Cenntenial Honda to pick up keys from Stacey, then went to her apartment to get some snowbaords. I was happy to be using Stacey's board for the day. By the time we reached the ski hill, it was 20 after 11. All I needed was boots and the ski lift ticket and I was set for the day. I was slightly apprehensive about snowboarding for the first time, but took comfort in the fact that Hans and Rachelle were also snowboarding. My first time actually moving on a snowboard of any kind, was going down the little hill to get to the lift. Hans, Micheal and Rachelle each went down, then it was my turn. I started my descent, felling ok, until I realized I didn't know how to stop. I flew to the bottom of the hill and plowed into Hans, almost taking the legs out from under him. It took a while, but after many runs, I started to get a feel for it. We stopped for lunch in at the lodge, then resumed our fun on the hill. Hannah, Justin and Timmy joined us, and we also met Nathan Kember and James Ross there too. I only had 2 or 3 major falls that really hurt when I fell, and luckily no concussions. The ski hill closed at 5:30, so we were forced to stop then. We went from there to Stacey, Joel and Colin's apartment where Stacey had a wonderful supper on the go for all of us! It was Delicious, shepherds pie, rice and caesar salad! When Joel was challenged to make cookies in under 20 minutes, he flew around, throwing ingredients in a bowl, and dropping 3 eggs on the floor in the process. it was quite entertaining to say the least. All too soon, after an evening of laughter, it was time to leave. The van-load of us were feeling a little giddy, so the idea to go to Walmart for a few things was appealing. We picked out a whole new wardrobe for Micheal, and got out of the store just before they closed. It felt good when I finally fell into bed that night!

In the van on our way to the ski hill!

Lunch time!

Looking so cool up there on that ski lift.

Luke and Timmy: Pro boarders.

Doing alright there Micheal?



Lovin the shades man!



I feel the love.

Its more fun if you raise your arms like this Maurice!

Feeling pity for this poor kid.



Eggs number 1 and 2

Poor Aunt Hazel has to clean up her son's mess!

Broken egg number 3.

The boys wraslin in the living room.

Joel making his cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment