Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Days Are Numbered

Here I sit, outside on the top of the picnic table, trying to soak up the last bit of sun before I leave for the frozen iceland, even though the sun just went behind the clouds. I sit here wondering where in the world the last 7 weeks have gone. It just blows my mind. All the fun of the last 7 weeks run through my head, first time driving on the opposite side of the road, my first braai, first time sitting on a picnic table in the back of a moving trailer, first time going into the grocery store barefoot (like a true Africaaner). First time going out and getting soaked in a rainstorm, first time eating squid, first time seeing a slaughtered pig being prepared to eat, first time jumping 216 meters off a bridge. The list goes on and on. Needless to say, I'm really going to miss South Africa when I go home, and even Fort Beaufort, both the people and their culture as well as the the place itself. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can visit again, but I'll be sure to give Mark and Gwen lots of notice so they have time to be mentally prepared. :)
Stay hydrated!

Which way is the wind blowing?

No comments:

Post a Comment